8.10.2012

Liebster Award Part Deux

My girl Ali Mc at Running With Spatulas has been nominated for the Liebster Award for being such an awesome blogger.



Liebster : a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome

So why am I writing this post?  

Because I was nominated in the past and Ali has tagged EVERYONE so I figured, "Why not?" and decided to participate.

So here's the deal.  You post 11 things about yourself, answer 11 questions from your nominator (is that even a word?), tag 11 bloggers with < 200 followers, and give them 11 questions to answer.  

No tag backs!

So I tagged a few of my new favorite blogs for you to scope out and answered her 11 questions. I'm skipping the 11 Things About Me since I think it's kinda redundant.

Here we go:

Nominated Blogs:
Courtney @ Color Me Camo
Casey @ Waffling

Yes, I know that's only 5 blogs.  If you have less than 200 followers, consider yourself nominated!

Here are my questions
1. Who is your hero and why?
2. If you could have any super power what would it be?
3. If you could erase something from your past without it changing who you are today, would you do it?
4. Would you be able to live "off the grid" (no modern technology) for a week? A year? 
5.  What's the craziest trend you've ever tried?
6. Where was your favorite vacation?
7. If you're an only child, did you ever wish for siblings? If you have siblings, did you ever wish to be an only child?
8. What would you do if you won a million dollars?
9. Do you vote?
10. What was your favorite school subject?
11. Why did you start blogging?

And now for Ali's questions....



  • what are you most afraid of??


  • Most afraid of?  Well, I do have a fear of dogs.  Little dogs, big dogs, doesn't matter.  Over the span of my 20+ year life I've learned how to keep it in check, most times.  But sometimes I lose it.  I have a physical reaction that I just can't control.  My hands get sweaty, my breathing becomes shallow, and my heart beats faster.  

    I hate when people tell me, "Don't be afraid, they can sense it." Oh REALLY? You think I WANT to be afraid? Um, NO.  I try to act normal and for the most part it works out.  Just don't bring your dog up to me or allow them to jump all over me.  I will have a fit.

    But I don't think that's what I'm most afraid of.  To get real deep here, I'm most afraid of what life has in store for my son.  Will I be a good parent or screw him up royally?  Will he have to learn tough lessons or can he learn from others' mistakes? Will I be there for him when life gets really tough?  What if something happens to me?  Will he be OK?

    Whew- need to stop there b/c I'm getting all emotional and teary-eyed.  But that's what I am afraid of the most- what life has in store for Phillip.


  • what’s your favourite colour and why?


  • Red.  I don't know why. I've always loved red.  Maybe because in my small hometown red is the team color for our Pop Warner football league and high school.  But I also love blue, green, and purple.


  • do you care about politics?? why or why not?


  • Yes, I care about politics but I'm not psycho about it.  I care because in the US my representatives are making decisions for me and my family.  I want those representatives to be people who share my same values.


  • do you think we are going to die on dec 21st 2012??


  • No.


  • do you like the body you were given?? why, why not?


  • Yes.  My body is strong.  When my mind thinks I can't do something (like help my husband move a couch up 2 flights of stairs) my body surprises me with abilities I didn't even know I had.  

    I don't treat my body the way I should- I don't eat as healthy or move as much as I should but it still functions well.  


  • do you wear glasses?? for distance or close up? or both??


  • Yes.  For computer use, driving, and reading.  So pretty much everything.  I'm nearsighted in my left eye and have astigmatism.


  • favourite wild animal??


  • Giraffe.


  • what change have you made in yourself that you hope others will follow?


  • I've learned that it's OK to feel the way you feel when someone hurts you: anger, hurt, resentment, betrayal.  But it's not OK to act out on it.  It's not OK to hurt people because of the way you feel.  It is extremely important to stand up for yourself and communicate your feelings but definitely not OK to hurt someone because you have been hurt.


  • if you could only do one form of exercise for the rest of your life what would you pick??


  • Strength training.  However I did see an infomercial for the Brazilian Buttlift workouts and that may be a close second.


  • do you tan your skin? (fake, real or bottle) why or why not?


  • No.  I live in Hawaii but I don't purposely go out and tan.  I swim and play at the beach so tanning is an indirect result but rarely on purpose.  I just don't see the point.    


  • what are your religious beliefs and are you open to others or not?? why?


  • I am a Christian.  I believe Jesus Christ suffered and died for my sins.

    Am I open to others? Other beliefs? Or other people with other beliefs?

    Well, I like to learn what others believe and why they believe what they believe; for me, my faith is rooted in Jesus Christ. 

    When meeting others who believe differently than I do, I try to be very sensitive and respectful to their faith since I would want to be treated the same way.  I don't share my beliefs with strangers or people that I just met unless I'm asked.  

    My faith is multi-faceted and can't be thoroughly explained in one blog post. It is a conversation that needs to take place over and over and over.  

    It is more than a religion for me.

    It's a way of life. 

    4 comments:

    1. Aw Thanks for the tag!! I dont even know if I know any blogs with under 200?? but I shall be sure to participate as best I can!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great post!!!! I love your answer to the religious question. I find sometimes it's the people that don't believe in Jesus that won't accept your faith in him when they want you to accept their non-believing....you know what I mean??

      You know I'm not a religious person but I most definitely am spiritual and I definitely look to Jesus as a role model for many things :)

      As a mother I completely understand your fear for being a "bad" parent and screwing up but here's the good news. the fact that you're worrying about it is a good thing :) and we all screw up our kids so don't worry :) xo

      I think you'd love my dog rex as he is quiet, calm and wouldn't even move if I asked him to. I can't believe people tell you "they can sense your fear" if someone said that to me I'd be more scared! lol

      ReplyDelete
    3. I really enjoyed reading this post! It's always nice to learn more about people and what they think and feel.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thanks so much for the nomination! There were some fantastic answers to the questions. I think we are all able to surprise ourselves with what we can do and I know you will are & will continue to be a successful mother.

      ReplyDelete

    Hey Gorgeous!

    Thanks for reading. I love hearing from my readers so please share what's on your mind!

    {Be sure to set up your email address so I can reply! I try to respond to each and every comment, usually via email. Don't worry, no one sees your email but me and I only use it to respond to comments. If you are a no-reply-blogger than I'll just respond within the post, so be sure and check back!}

    Pin It button on image hover