It's time for...
1. Goals: I seriously need to revisit them. Originally I planned to just use the same goals as last year but that's not working out. See, I wanted to start running again and reach my goal of a sub 30 5K.
But I've been slacking. It may sound cliche, but I just don't have the time! If I thought I didn't have time to workout a year ago, I certainly don't have any spare time now.
I do need to get serious about my goals. I've realized that it's not just about not having enough time, it's about prioritizing my time. We all get the same 24 hours to get live our life, so what's my problem?
2. Diet: Since coming home from the hospital I've lost and gained weight. I'm now above my pre-pregnancy weight when a month after birth I was WAAAAAY below. I'm just not taking it seriously as I should. I need to adapt better eating habits or this is going to get way out of hand. I'm just not motivated. I can't look to anything else for motivation but myself. I love my sweets and am a HUGE emotional eater. I feel like I used to be in more control of my emotional eating when I was fresh out of college but I don't have that same control anymore.
I think that control is something that comes with practice. Maybe I just have to keep practicing on making healthier food choices.
3. Blog: One thing that is always on my mind is to blog consistently. I used to blog everyday but don't have time anymore (I'm sensing a pattern, here).
Here's the thing: I can either sit at my laptop everyday and post just for the sake of consistency, only post on those days I have time (which are looking to be few and far between), or "prep" posts for future dates.
Now I always thought I was the type to "post as I go" but for the sake of keeping my blog alive, I have had to prepare some posts in advance.
Most bloggers won't do this. Of those who do, many won't admit it.
But I will.
I sometimes prepare advanced posts.
There. I said it. Moving on.
4. Link-Ups: One of the easiest ways to create a blog post is to participate in link-ups (like this one!). A link-up is when a blogger will create a theme and invite other bloggers to write about the same theme and post their links to the original post.
I love link-ups because they provide a template for me when I have writer's block. They also facilitate some awesome creative writing pieces.
5. Creative Writing: I found this link to Creative Writing Prompts from fellow blogger Raising Roscoe.
She has a list of 101 goals she'd like to complete in 1001 days and one of those goals is to complete 5 creative writing prompts.
Now, I may just be admitting how much of a nerd I am but I thought this was sooooo cool!
I loved my high school English classes where we wrote about random themes every day. They were always short (150 words) but most times I felt like I could write more.
I think I'm going to save this link for whenever I have writer's block =)
6. Wrong Major?: Often I wonder if I signed up for the wrong major in college.
Initially I wanted to major in bio-technology or some sort of biology studies.
That quickly changed when I realized that spending 4+ hours in a lab didn't sound like a good time to me.
Then I thought about political science.
My first class bored me to tears.
So I decided to major in Business Administration. At least there's job security, right? (LOL)
The course of study includes 2 semesters of Accounting. Well, one of these classes gave extra credit for attending an Accounting professionals lecture. During this lecture students were basically told that they need to major in Accounting to set themselves apart from every other business student.
Or live in a cardboard box and never make any money.
At least that's what I heard.
So I majored in Accounting.
I was good at it, but can't say that I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I currently work in an accounting type position for a non-profit.
It can be stressful and chaotic at times, but I don't mind it. Most days are enjoyable.
I like numbers. We get along well.
But sometimes I wish I majored in English or Education. Some days I have this tug on my heart that reminds me how much I enjoyed my English courses, especially my creative writing courses. Or that the little girl in me always wanted to be a teacher- to not just have the coolest school supplies (because let's face it, that was the best part of school!) but to be a part of that school setting.
7.Dream Job: Safe to say I'm not working it, yet. My dream job would most likely be an elementary school teacher.
But it's too difficult to return to school now... especially with Phillip.
8. Stay at home mom? I think I'd enjoy being a stay at home mom.
I know it's tough, but it seems like I run so much of the household anyway, I'd love to be able to dedicate more time to "house management".
And the thought of being able to stay home with Phillip all day makes me giddy.
I'm seriously contemplating taking a few days off to organize and clean our apartment. Maybe then I'd get a real taste of what'd be like.
9. Travel: Oh how I miss traveling.
I haven't left the state in almost 2 years.
TWO FREAKING YEARS!
I'm excited to be visiting my uncles and grandma later this year.
Random fact? I love airports. Even more so, the airports I visit for the first time =)
10. Family Vacations: When Phillip is older I can't wait to take some fun family vacations.
Top of our list is DisneyLand. I love that place.
We also want to go on an Alaskan Cruise.
We went on a cruise for our honeymoon and it was, hands down, the BEST VACATION EVER.
It's been almost 2 years and we still talk about it from time to time.
Can't wait to have family vacations with our growing bunch!
Don't forget to link up below =)