- Ignore the silly rules!! Who says you have to post only once a day? Why not throughout the day if you can? Why do you have to post every day? Why not every other day?- I started getting frustrated with myself for not posting every day (see below for the one and only post on February). Now I realize it's not about posting every day, week, or every odd numbered day except for Saturdays (obscure example right there). It's about being consistent. And giving your readers something to, uh, I don't know, READ!
- Tell people about your blog. Why haven't I done that yet? -Because I'm insecure and wanted my blog to be perfect before presenting it to the world. I'm pretty comfortable with it now. I may post this on FB after I finish writing...
- Post pics. I need more pics!- So I've added an "About Me" and "Why Running" page to my blog. It took me so long because I couldn't figure out how to add pages and only had "Home" for about 2 months now.
- Ignore the silly rules! Unless you're training for a big race. But even then, HAVE FUN!- Big race to me is my 5K coming up around the corner in May. I will be chasing people in banana suits around Ala Moana Beach Park and Magic Island, trying to win a year's worth of Jamba Juice. My training? To try to run as long as I can, without stopping. After this race, I'll start increasing my speed to cut back my time.
- Tell people about your running goals! I have done this. Since NYE 2010/2011, I've been sharing with family/friends/whoever will listen that my resolution is to run a 5K sub 30 by the end of the year. Being that I'm SOOOO NOT a runner at all, EVER, this is a pretty big deal for me.
- Post running pics! OK, so this is probably blog related again but soon I will post pics not just of myself, but of myself running. Stay tuned for that!
PS- check out my list of blogs to the right of the posts... Those are the blogs that have kept me entertained for the past few days. Tell them I sent ya!