3.03.2011

Themes and Choices

As a suggestion from a reader (what?! I have readers??), I’m going to try to incorporate themes into some of my posts.  Not all of them, because I LOVE free-flow writing. But we’re going to try it out today.

So today is “Thankful Thursday”.  I chose this theme because I <3 alliteration and the word “thankful” reminds me of Thanksgiving and I love to eat. So “Thankful Thursday” is born!

I could go on and on and on about what I’m thankful for so I’m gonna try to focus on one cohesive thought: I am thankful for choices.

Yes choices.  And because I also <3 lists, here is a list of choices I made today that I am thankful for. 
  1.  I chose to eat breakfast today.  A lot of people don’t have that luxury.  So when the time came to eat or skip, I chose to eat (strawberry waffle with PB, in case you were wondering).  
  2. I chose to drive to work and sit in traffic.  I could have taken the bus but chose to drive.  Taking the bus might have been easier in the long run on my anorexic wallet but still, I had the choice. I chose to drive.
  3. I chose to eat lunch with a friend today.  I did not have to eat by my lonesome self but was able to share a meal with a friend.  And that meal was DELISH!  I had corn chowder and a tuna melt w/ fresh veggies on a jalepeno bagel.  Like I said. DELISH.

Food is from Fresh Cafe on Queen St in Honolulu, in case you were curious!

So all in all, today I am thankful for freedom to make choices in my life, the food in my cupboard, the car parked outside my apartment, and the great company I find in my friends.

Like I said, I could go on and on but we’ll save that for another week. 

Please share- What is one thing you ate/saw/did/had today that you are thankful for?

3 comments:

  1. That tuna melt looks DELICIOUS!

    Today I am thankful that my mom is coming to town. She is awesome, and lives too far away, so I always get super happy when she comes to pay a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for my job since so many people do not have one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/06/2011

    Hey girl! I am also very thankful for FOOD!! I have been sick and down for the count since Wednesday(?) and havenʻt been able to EAT!!! I have quickly realized the foodie in me has literally made me the "Eat to Live" type... I canʻt wait until whatever this is I caught is completely gone so I can enjoy some ono grindz!!

    As a theme suggestion, how about a Wordless Wednesday? I love photography and as the saying goes, a picture can speak a thousand words. Just a thought:)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Gorgeous!

Thanks for reading. I love hearing from my readers so please share what's on your mind!

{Be sure to set up your email address so I can reply! I try to respond to each and every comment, usually via email. Don't worry, no one sees your email but me and I only use it to respond to comments. If you are a no-reply-blogger than I'll just respond within the post, so be sure and check back!}

Pin It button on image hover