11.02.2011

The Only Day Acceptable for Ugly Manicures

Are you a big fan of Halloween?

Do you pour your blood, sweat, and tears into your costume?

I've never been one to get all excited about Halloween.  I admire everyone else's elaborate costumes and I really think it's great when people come up with original ideas.

I, however, lack creativity in all sense of the word.  I can never come up with a great costume.  I don't know if I've ever put 100% effort into it, but it just never works for me.

I've been to a few Halloween parties but really the themes are not my cup of tea.  I don't do scary or icky. I'm not into the club scene either so really what I'm trying to say is that I'm a huge Halloween Party Pooper.

Ironically, I won a costume award on Monday.

Yup! You read that right...I won a freaking costume award for Halloween...whoo hoo!!!


On Monday we had a small party at work.  The invite said there'd be prizes for the Scariest, Funniest, and Most Original costumes.  Since I'm not a fan of dressing up and costumes in general, I ordered a shirt on line. I didn't want to be completely lame and not have any effort, so I wore my t-shirt and painted my nails.

AND WON!!


Photobucket


I was voted as Funniest Costume (if you can't read the words, I'm a Pumpkin Smuggler!). I painted my nails orange (which I actually didn't mind and might have kept it on during November) and added Black Crackle nail polish on top.  This is what I thought it might look like (but w/ orange of course).

Photobucket

But here is what it turned out like:

Photobucket

Seriously the most ugly home manicure I've ever had.  I need to fire my nail lady- oh wait, that's me!

For real- people pay for this?? I'm sorry if you are drawn to this look but this is another trend that just isn't for me.  I usually put a lot of effort into making sure my nails don't  turn out this ugly.

But I still won, ugly nails and all.  I guess Halloween is the one day a year it's OK to be ugly on purpose.

My prize? A box of Fiber One bars, 2 boxes of Jell-O, and a mug filled with candy.  Way better than the prize for Scariest Costume who one clinical strength deodorant!!

And just for fun-


A NEW BELLY PIC (32 weeks!)

Photobucket

Just for comparison, the pic on the right is me at 27 weeks.  Looks like Baby has moved up and is squishing more of my organs- especially the lungs!

Photobucket

And of course I'm going to share the cutest picture I saw on Facebook- It was his first Halloween and he was Russel from the movie UP!

Photobucket

Do you dress up for Halloween?  Do you like to go to parties, throw your own, or stay low-key with the trick or treaters?

1 comment:

  1. I have seen that nail polish in stores for a while, and never thought to try it. Then again, I basically paint my nails once a year at best so it probably wouldn't be worth it!
    You look so cute in that pumpkin smuggler shirt, it's perfect! I haven't dressed up in a few years. Becoming a homebody!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Gorgeous!

Thanks for reading. I love hearing from my readers so please share what's on your mind!

{Be sure to set up your email address so I can reply! I try to respond to each and every comment, usually via email. Don't worry, no one sees your email but me and I only use it to respond to comments. If you are a no-reply-blogger than I'll just respond within the post, so be sure and check back!}

Pin It button on image hover