6.10.2012

Sunday Social

It's another link up with A Complete Waste of Makeup!

Sunday Social


How did you come up with your blog name?

Originally my blog was named "Island Style Running".  I had decided that my New Year's Resolution for 2011 was to run a 5K under 30 minutes.  I used my blog as a way to track my progress.  I'm an island girl (Hawaii) and I was learning to run.  Not very creative but it worked.

Then I found out that I was pregnant with Phillip in April 2011.  My running stopped and I haven't picked it up since.  I still wanted to blog but was writing more about my pregnancy and randomness in my life.  My blog evolved from being about my attempts at a new sport to being more of a "lifestyle" blog.

I didn't want to be limited to only write about running so I took it out of my blog name.  I replaced it with "living" so that I wouldn't feel obligated to only write about running.

Island morphed into "Isle" because it was too long for Twitter.

And voila!- Isle Style Living.

What is your favorite thing about blogging?

I love being able to just write about whatever is on my mind.

It's great to be able to relate to other bloggers and readers out there.

Unlike a diary or journal, this is open for everyone in the world to read.

Scary, huh?

But also empowering.

What is one thing you have discovered because of blogging and now cant live without?

My immediate response? Pinterest.

Silly, I know.  But I discovered Pinterest by reading about other bloggers who have become obsessed with "pinning".

When I dig a little deeper, (because let's be honest- I love Pinterest but when it comes down to it, I can definitely live without it, if I had to give it up), I would have to say all the running advice and encouragement.

I love reading about running gear reviews and other bloggers' experiences about what worked (or didn't) for them.

Often times I find myself checking back in with my favorite bloggers to see how they were able to improve their pace or form or just catch up on life.

Facebook or Twitter? and why?

Personally? Facebook.

For the blog? Twitter.

I have a hard time keeping up my personal Twitter relationships.  It's hard for me to stay updated on what my friends and family are up to on Twitter.  For some reason Facebook is easier for me, personally.

But for my blog I prefer to use Twitter.  I do have a Facebook page but most of what I post are blog updates.  And if someone is a follower or subscribes via email, they'd get those updates anyway.  Once in awhile I post a status update or article I found interesting.

I guess because I'm very active on my personal Facebook profile so I don't like to blend too much with my blog page.

I really don't have a good reason, though.  Just because is good enough, right?

If one celeb read your blog who would you want it to be?
I don't really know.  I'm not huge on celebrities and can't think of anyone I'd really really really want to read my blog.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be stoked to find out that someone famous stumbled across my humble page but I don't really have a preference as to who I would like that person to be.

What is something you want people to know about your blog?
It's a work in progress.  

I used to blog every day but now life is too hectic.

I try to blog when I have down time but my down time is so rare that I prefer to take a nap.  Or clean my perpetually messy apartment.  Or just cuddle with my son.

I love blogging so I'm working on a way to fit everything in my life: husband, son, work, cooking, cleaning, exercising, blogging...it's exhausting.

Someone once told me that a blog really should center around a specific theme or topic.  Um, yeah... that went out the window when I got tired of writing about running and trying to stay healthy.  

I like to write about my family, faith, hobbies, accomplishments, struggles, dreams, lessons learned, goals, and everything in between.

And that, my friends, is Isle Style Living.

2 comments:

  1. Completely agree with you about blogging being empowering!!
    Love your blog!!!
    Stopping by from the Sunday Social!
    -Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the facebook and twitter thing. Very cute blog, by the way. I can't wait to follow along :)

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Hey Gorgeous!

Thanks for reading. I love hearing from my readers so please share what's on your mind!

{Be sure to set up your email address so I can reply! I try to respond to each and every comment, usually via email. Don't worry, no one sees your email but me and I only use it to respond to comments. If you are a no-reply-blogger than I'll just respond within the post, so be sure and check back!}

Pin It button on image hover