3.23.2011

Human Kidds

Every time I was excited for something when I was a kid, I would count the # of "sleeps" I had until the big day.  It made more sense to me than counting days for some reason... I dunno, that's just how my brain works!

I work full time in an accounting/analyst position and pretty much work for the weekends. 

I live for the weekends, is more like it.

Every Monday, I am at the edge of my seat waiting for Friday to arrive.

But this week is a little bit more special. 

This little guy, had his first birthday yesterday, and we are having a HUGE party this weekend:

Baby Michael with his Mommy Trinity, Auntie Welo in the background

Baby Michael is my nephew, son of Trinity (my cousin) and Mike (her fiance).  Trinity and Welo are sisters, our dads are brothers. And that's just a small branch of our Redwood sized Family Tree.

Anyway....

Baby Michael also shares the same birthday as this special guy:

Me and my daddy

The party is going to be held on Maui, and I'll be flying from Honolulu to Maui on Friday!!!! I can't wait to see everyone and eat some really realy really good Hawaiian food.

I'm excited for the party, but I'm also excited because I get to see these kids:

I'm related to the human kids, not the goats

The boy on the left (Tayden) and the girl on the right (Teani) are Welo's kids.  The two in the middle? My baby brother (Josiah) and sister (Rachel).  Yes, we are 20 and 23 years apart.



Our family is pretty close and these kids just warm my heart.  I can't wait to cuddle and play with them all weekend long.  We do have a GINORMOUS (300+ guests) party to set up and host, but there's nothing I enjoy more than spending quality time with quality folks.

I'm an only child, but I grew up with Trinity and Welo, even living in the same house for about a year.  We were raised together, and I am so blessed to have such great people surround and support and love me.


This week has gone by pretty fast and I'm super stoked to see everyone!  Hopefully I'll be able to get some running in there but if not, I'll just pick it back up next week.

And of course, I'll be sure to post lots of pics!

As of now? Only two more sleeps to go =)

3 comments:

  1. cheee huuuu!! party time! will I get to see you? party @ civic? oh & Iʻll totally go run with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun!! I'm glad it's been a fast week for you. This week seems to be dragggggging for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gonna be a blast! Thanks for sharing your family with us!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Gorgeous!

Thanks for reading. I love hearing from my readers so please share what's on your mind!

{Be sure to set up your email address so I can reply! I try to respond to each and every comment, usually via email. Don't worry, no one sees your email but me and I only use it to respond to comments. If you are a no-reply-blogger than I'll just respond within the post, so be sure and check back!}

Pin It button on image hover