10.26.2011

And The Nesting Begins...

What is NESTING you ask?

Well, according to an article by Pregnancy Weekly, "[Nesting] is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world."

And ^THAT^ my friends is going down in my world.

I guess it all started last week when I realized that we didn't have everything we needed for baby's arrival.  We needed a crib, mattress, sheets, diaper bag (and more diapers), more clothes, a breastpump, bottles, etc...

Of course this equaled a panicky passionate discussion with my husband about how we don't have ANYTHING for the baby!

So this past weekend we decided to gather up what little savings we had and gift cards from family and friends and get to business.

First stop? Babies R Us.

We got my breastpump (had 6 FREE accessories- bottles, label lids, pads, etc..), a crib, and mattress.  Whoo hoo!! I felt so accomplished and we were outta there before noon!

We went home to drop off our goods.  I ended up sorting ALL of baby's clothing/towels/washcloths/blankets for the laundry.  Husband slept.

Items to note: in the back- hamper of baby's washed clothes, pile of my laundry, bottles of water, and TUMS.  Effects of our shopping trip/nesting kicking in!
Woke up the husband and we were out the door again.  This time to Target to get some other accessories with our gift cards (clothes, burp cloths, more bottles and diapers).

We also walked out with a new computer desk! For the baby of course.

And because of the new computer desk, I now had to change the decorations in my entire living room.  Obviously.

Next on the to-do list?

DECLUTTER! We have so much junk mail and paper around the house we are finally taking the time to go through it all and trash it get organized.

We're also going to set up baby's crib this weekend.  Which means we also need to move around our bedroom furniture.  We live in a tiny 1 bedroom apt. and we have to make room for this tiny person and all it's stuff.

I'm officially 32 weeks today! Only 8 weeks left (+/- 1 or 2) till baby's arrival!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Gorgeous!

Thanks for reading. I love hearing from my readers so please share what's on your mind!

{Be sure to set up your email address so I can reply! I try to respond to each and every comment, usually via email. Don't worry, no one sees your email but me and I only use it to respond to comments. If you are a no-reply-blogger than I'll just respond within the post, so be sure and check back!}

Pin It button on image hover