1.10.2013

Do It Myself: Family Photoshoot

Being a mom is busy busy busy!

This year, I haven't had time to set up an appointment with a professional photographer to have our Christmas picture taken.

I meant to, but it just slipped my mind (among a billion other things).

So what's a mama to do?

Do it myself, that's what!

I set up the background using extra wrapping paper, threw an old sheet on the ground, grabbed a couple of presents to use as props, set the timer on my camera, and got it done!


Photobucket

It took a few (10+) tries, but we got a shot we could work with.  

I gotta admit, the out-takes were pretty good, too!


Photobucket

Here is what our 2012 photo actually looked like:


Photobucket

I liked this idea so much, that I decided to do something similar for Little Man's birthday.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The best part of all this was the experience.  We had fun setting it up and all of his birthday pictures came out really festive =)

I think this would be really nice for parties, too! I've seen weddings and other big events with photo backdrops set up, but it's also really fun to have in your home with a few close friends! I'm sure it would make for some really great memories.

If you decided to try this out, let me know! I'd love to see the results!


2 comments:

  1. Great idea. They turned out awesome! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Gorgeous!

Thanks for reading. I love hearing from my readers so please share what's on your mind!

{Be sure to set up your email address so I can reply! I try to respond to each and every comment, usually via email. Don't worry, no one sees your email but me and I only use it to respond to comments. If you are a no-reply-blogger than I'll just respond within the post, so be sure and check back!}

Pin It button on image hover